Continental eNews’ local news content attracts a local and loyal audience. This offers advertisers an exceptional opportunity to connect to individuals in and around the Continental, Ohio area. Since our start on April 28, 2013, we have published over 5,355 local news articles. This has resulted in nearly 1 Million local page views, 1,500+ local Facebook followers and 500+ local email newsletter subscribers. We have served over 4,000,000 ads with close to an impressive 10% click through rate. If you have information you would like to advertise with people in and around the Continental, Ohio area, Continental eNews is the most effective and least expensive option for reaching that demographic.
If you would like to advertise on Continental eNews but do not have the resources to develop a catchy advertising graphic, we can help! Email Adam Donaldson and let him know you would like to advertise on Continental eNews, but need help coming up with a suitable graphic. Adam will work with you to design an image that showcases your products and services at no cost.
Our Advertising Policy
- Our goal is to serve commercially compelling ads that do not violate the user experience.
- We recognize that we are not perfect and we invite our users to help us follow our advertising policy.
- We strive to uphold the following advertising practices:
- Safety: We follow the highest industry standards and only work with trusted advertising networks to reduce the risk of advertising viruses, adware and malware.
- Trust: We avoid advertisers whose products or services are predatory.
- Values: Advertising content should reflect our values which include: integrity, civility, morality and respect for all people.
- Users & Advertiser Experience: We do not allow advertisements that are designed to intrude, encroach or invade the users experience without user action or permission.
Digital Ad Specifications:
[styled_image image=”https://www.continentalenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Digital-Ad-Specifications.jpg” w=”604″ h=”633″ lightbox=”no” alt=”Digital Ad Specifications”]
- Large Billboard Ad: The large billboard ad is the rotating advertisments at the top of every page. They are 1211px wide by 284px high. While this option gives you the best exposure, it is also the most expensive at $35.00 per month.
- Vertical Banner: This ad is located on the right sidebar of every page. Advertisment images are 120px wide by 240px high. This ad is offered at $10.00 per month. (Not shown in above Digital Ad Specifications).
- Zone 1: These are the ads in the top right of every page. These ads are 300px wide by 250px high. Because website visitors don’t have to scroll down to see these ads when the page loads, this is another high visibility area. Zone 1 ads are $25.00 per month.
- Zone 2: These are the ads on the right of the page directly under the Zone 1 ads. These ads are also 300px wide by 250px high. Because website visitors have to scroll down to see these ads, this area offers less exposure; however it is economical at $20.00 per month.
- Zone 3: These are the ads on the right of the page directly under the Zone 2 ads. These ads are also 300px wide by 250px high. Because website visitors have to scroll down even further to see these ads, this area offers even less exposure, but it is only $15.00 per month.
- Above Post Ads: These ads only show up when someone clicks onto an article. In other words they are only visible on news article posts and are not visible on the home page or other pages. That being said, it is a fairly visible ad spot as people must see it before they read any news article. We offer this ad spot at $20.00 per month.
- Sponsored Articles: This is where you would write an article about your business, the services you offer, special offers, etc, etc. You would send the sponsored article to us along with some images we can use and we would post that as a news article. The article would not only be visible and searchable on our site, but it will also be pushed out to our 1,000 + Facebook followers, twitter followers and email newsletter subscribers.
Question 1: I’m not a techie and my business doesn’t have a website to link an online advertisement to. Is this going to be a problem?
Answer: Absolutely not! Even if you have never touched a keyboard before in your life, and even if you don’t have a website to link to, we can make online advertising work for you. After you contact us letting us know you are interested in advertising, we can take care of absolutely everything needed to get your online presence set up, and if you don’t have a website to link to, we can create a Facebook page for you, a Google webpage for you, or we can even create a directory page for you on our site that your ad can link to (coming soon). And of course, we can put your business phone number on your ad and don’t have to link it to anything if you would prefer that as well.
Question 2: Will you send me reports so I know how many times within a month my ad was viewed, clicked on, etc?
Answer: No. In order to improve page speed we have chosen to eliminate our ad server, thus we only serve ads as images and will no longer be sending out statistical reports. Should the customer base demand this, we can always bring the functionality back in the future.
Question 3: What if I want my advertisement to show up in multiple spots? For example, is it possible to have my advertisement in the Leaderboard, Zone 1 and Zone 2 all at the same time?
Answer: Yes it is possible to have your advertisement in multiple zones at the same time. In order to do this, you would need to purchase advertising space in each zone you plan to advertise in. The good news is if you want to purchase multiple advertising slots in different zones, we invite you email email@example.com and ask him about bulk purchase discounts.