Bishop Palmer and the cabinet are asking us to take some precautions and adjust our worship and activity schedule to minimize the possibility of spreading the Covid-19 virus to those most vulnerable. Please be advised of the following changes:
– the 9AM worship at Christ UMC will be cancelled this Sunday
– the 10:15AM worship at Continental UMC will be held as a joint gathering of both churches. We are asking that for this gathering you refrain from hand shakes, fist bumps, hugs, and other personal signs of peace during this time.
To any who are perhaps in the vulnerable demographics or if you are feeling ill please worship at home in a manner of your choice. There will be a later email with some suggestions. Please know that these precautions are to protect and love our church community. To read more from the conference website go to www.westohioumc.org. Please remember to be prayerful, not fearful during this time.
At this point other schedule announcements include:
– Continental UMW will meet at 8:30AM Sunday
– Stop the Bleed and A.L.I.C.E. training is still on at Free Christian Sunday at noon.
– 10AM Monday – Bible study at Bloomer’s is still on.
– 6pm Monday – Friends of Jesus book study location changed to Christ UMC
– 7pm Monday – Christ UMC choir practice is cancelled.
– 10AM Tuesday – Coffee & Conversation is still on.
– Tuesday’s Meadow of Ottawa worship has been cancelled.
– Tuesday’s Joint PPRC meeting is cancelled.
– Wednesday’s HIS KIDS and Youth activities along with Choir practice are cancelled.
The schedule for the week of March 22nd will be announced mid next week after further discernment and advice from our leadership.
If there are any questions or desired pastoral care needs, contact Pastor Chuck by cell phone.
Pastor Chuck Schmunk
Continental and Christ United Methodist Churches
Cell Ph. 419-438-0903