It’s not unexpected that the majority of our visitors are coming from Facebook. And, just like any bee knows where the honey is, we’ve made some strides to leverage Facebook to help get ‘The News’ out there.
Introducing: Ultimate Facebook.
As of this evening, visitors to Continental eNews will notice several differences in the site. One of those being you now need to log into the site via Facebook to post a comment. This may seem to be a step backwards – requiring people to have to login in order to post a comment when you didn’t have to before – but there is good reason for it. This will help eliminate spam that we’ve been dealing with on the back end of the site, keeping the site cleaner for all visitors, and it keeps people from having to remember yet another username and password.
Additional enhancements you will notice with the Continental eNews Facebook integration includes:
- Facebook Connect – We now allow users to register and login with their Facebook info – a login widget included
- Autopost – Makes it simple to post new content to peoples walls, fan pages, events, or notes
- Comments – Allows us to import comments made on Facebook about one of our articles so we can keep all comments in one centralized place
- Facebook Events – Our events now post automatically to our Facebook account’s event page
- More – There is even more integration from a technical perspective, but we won’t bore you with that!
So if you haven’t already done so, please take some time to play around with some of our new Facebook integration tools and as always, Facebook likes and shares/sends are always appreciated!