With no state ranked team in the field at Kalida, it was Bluffton who emerged as the top seed but it was second seed Kalida that #3 seed Ottoville and #4 seed Continental chose to avoid. Bluffton, Kalida, and #5 seed Lima Central Catholic took the byes to the sectional finals. The Sectional Finals between Fort Jennings/Continental winner and Spencerville winner will be held at the better seeded site. The Kalida District winner advances to the Findlay Regional Semifinal to take on the Rossford District winner.
(11) Lincolnview (2-9-2) at (9) Miller City (4-10), Oct. 15, 5p
Winner at (1) Bluffton (6-2-4), Oct. 17, 5p, in Sectional Finals
(10) Fort Jennings (2-10-2) at (4) Continental (7-6-2), Oct. 15, 5p
(12) Spencerville (1-9-1)at (3) Ottoville (8-2-3), Oct. 15, 5p
(10) Fort Jennings – (4) Continental winner against (12) Spencerville-(3) Ottoville winner, Oct. 17, 5p, in Sectional Finals
Winners meet Oct. 24, 5p, in district semifinals
(13) Paulding (0-12-1) at (7) Allen East (6-5-3), Oct. 15, 5p
Winner at (2) Kalida (6-2-6), Oct. 17, 5p, in Sectional Finals
(8) New Knoxville (5-6-2) at (6) Lima Temple Christian (6-6-3), Oct. 15, 5p
Winner at (5) Lima Central Catholic (4-7-1), Oct. 17, 5p, in Sectional Finals
Winners meet, Oct. 24, 7p, in district semifinals
District Finals are on Oct 27 at Kalida (time tba)
District Champion will advance the regionals to play the Rossford District winner on Oct 31 at 6:00 at Findlay.
–Mike Jones, Sportswriter