The Vantage Board of Education held their regular October Board meeting on Thursday, October 2, 2014 in the District Conference room. The minutes from the September 4, 2014 board meeting were approved along with financial statements for the month of August, 2014.
Superintendent Staci Kaufman discussed the district report card, and updated the Board on beginning the process for signage inside the building to depict the “green” elements of the recent Vantage construction project. Tentative plans may include a walkway around the grounds, also marked with green features.
Adult Education Director Pete Prichard brought the Board up to date on enrollment services, assessment and guidance, ABLE programming, student data and status, the Ohio Lean Consortium, and the Adult Education Institution Assessment and Continuous Improvement Tool that will be used for strategic planning. High School Director Ben Winans shared information with the Board about the CTPD Report Card, Student Appreciation Day, United Way Day of Caring participation, Relay for Life activities, planning for the fall OGT’s, the October 24 Manufacturing Open House, and 8th grade tours.
In new business, the Board:
– Approved the following Supplemental Contracts: Marcia Osenga, Penny Baucom, Cindy Harting, Diana Becker, Annette Klinger, Karen McGilton, Nancy Keith, Vicki Smith, Gail Gillett, Beth Evans, Mary Ann Hall, all Adult Banquet Workers; Logan Boroff, Justice Canfield, Audrey Durham, Brady Grime, Kacey Lindeman, Audrey Merritte, Allie Mihm, Samantha Ortiz, Marianne Perkins, Keli Ralston, Draya Rison, Raine Salyers, Sky Schooley, Marcy Shoppell, Cody Sill, Austin Van Atta, Charles Walker, Marisa Armentrout, David Fisher, Justis Harvey, Amber Smith, and Zach Wilkes, all Student Banquet Workers; Robin Burns, Banquet Supervisor; Shirley Jarvis, Lynn Schweitzer, and Tanya Bunch, all STNA Check-off/Clinical Supervisor for Health Technology.
– Employed the following list, as Adult Education instructors, as needed, as scheduled: Mike Miller, A.E. Instructor and Sarah Wurth, A.E. Test Proctor.
– Resolution to approve an overnight stay for Vantage Satellite Van Wert FCCLA students to attend FCCLA Fall Leadership Conference at the Heartland Retreat Center, Marengo, OH to be accompanied by Lynda Ragan, FCCLA/FCS Instructor from October 13-14, 2014.
– Resolution to approve the Adult Education School Catalog & Student Handbook for 2014-2015;
– Resolution to approve the job description for Adult Education Lab Assistant.
– Resolution to approve the Adult Education incentive compensation form.
– The Board tabled the Enterprise Zone Agreement for tax exemption for Advanced Biological Marketing, Inc. as presented.
The next regular Board meeting will be held on Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in the District Conference Room.