The Village of Continental met in regular session on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 with 5 members present. The Minutes, bills and receipts were approved and there were not any Then & Now Purchase Orders.
– Council was informed that no bids were received on the Fire Department Equipment Van so the Mayor was checking to see if it could be listed on a bidding website called govdeals.com. He and Samlow are considering other equipment to list. Sullivan stated he had been approached by an individual who is interested. Solicitor Welch suggested posting it on the website and receive the sealed bid from the individual and the Village can then determine which bid to accept based on fees and etc.
– Three building permits were approved.
– Neighborhood Revitalization Grant Update: The paving should start tomorrow (10/24/18). The Mayor would like to have two other areas in the Village paved where a meter pit was replaced and a sink hole was found.
– The Village was informed that it was not approved for the NatureWorks Grant for Park Upgrades but the grant could be resubmitted for next year.
– Two residents asked for the One-Time Reduction to an Average Bill after water leaks were discovered following the meter reading. Council approved.
– A Customer who has never been late on their payment asked for the late fee to be waived due to an emergency. Council approved.
– Brandon Clementz was approved to fill a vacancy on the Housing Council. The next meeting of the Housing Council will be November 13, 2018 at 6 p.m.
– Hydrant flushing began today. Residents could experience a loss in water pressure, if it lasts longer than 30-45 minutes, please call the Water Department. Avoid washing white clothes or use rust inhibitor in the laundry.
– Sidney Electric has wired the mobile generator with a quick connect to be used during an emergency. Samlow would like to also have the lift stations wired with quick connects also so the generator could be connected during power outages.
– Council heard the Village’s application for a Bureau of Workers Comp Safety Grant has been received and will be scored on November 1st. We should hear something within 5-7 business days after that.
– The tile under the road at S. First $ W. Maple Streets has been completed by J & M Excavating and the ditch has been cleaned. No catch basin was needed.
– The Potassium Permanganate system is still being tweaked.
– There are two street lights out on Main Street that will be fixed in the next week or so. The light at Park Street & Main Street has been reported to AEP.
– The Mayor encouraged residents to get out and vote on November 6th and to please research Issue 1 prior to going into the voting booth.
– Trick or Treat will be Thursday, October 25th from 5 to 6:30 p.m. with the Lions Club judging at the school gymnasium at 7 p.m.
– Meeting adjourned.
Village of Continental